Thursday, March 7, 2013

Valentines Day at the Atnip House

The weather was cool, but inside the Atnip House the mood was warm and cheery. I arrived home to find the most scrumptious red velvet cupcakes I've ever had in my life! I'm not normally a big cake person...but these ones topped the cake! (Pun intended :p) 

They had the table set beautifully with china, and some chocolate on each plate. Its late enough after Valentines Day that with my scrambled gushy organ they call my brain I can't even remember what we had for dinner,(Besides the cupcakes...yeah, they were that good!) but I recall thinking it was good :)

Beside each plate they had cut out a paper heart, glued tiny little red hearts for decorations, stuck an individual Bible verse on the bottom of each (customized for personality) decorated the edges and wrote "Things we love about_____________"

Sad to say as much as I looked around, some of the paper hearts are missing. Maybe these certain people hid them in their drawers to remind themselves what people think of them when they're down, or maybe they scoffed and threw them away before I could get around to stealing them, but I thought it would be fun to write down a little of what each one said. :-)


 Things We Love About 

Dad
--Missing--
:(

Mom
You're very lovable/loving
You teach me
You married me!!!
 (Betcha can guess who wrote that!)
You help me cook :)

Joe
You're very very very SMART
You make us very proud!
You help others
You don't make me do school 
You do my work
You are the joy of our home
Kind
Hard worker

Julie
 You help me with things and understand
Glad you didn't get married yet
Very Very understanding
She is hardworking
Very Pretty, and generous, and good tastes!
You ride my horses "sometimes"
Top of the line cook
Pretty

Karissa
--Missing--
:(

Duane
U are fun to be near!
You work so I don't have to!
You're very very very SMART
Funny
You help with a lot of things! 
You are cool
You have a lot of common sense 

Kaylena
Hard worker
You're very very clean
You are generous
You keep your hair and clothes nice!
You are a very good cook and baker
Pretty
You fix me FOOD!

Luanna Joy
You are so very smart! 
You're very thoughtful
You are an easy child cuz you do your school without being told, and do  not cause much trouble :)
You take care of my Bud with me! "Oops, wrong person" You play piano for me 
(Haha, I loved that one!)
Smart
You help with school and work

JaLynn
You are loving to your family
You help do chores :)
Very smart and work fast!
Sweet
You are loving
You take care of my bud with me!

David
I love to hear you laugh
Good worker
You're very generous
Funny
You are cuddly and nice to everyone!
You are ambitious
You're as sweet as a pumpkin!
You are my BUD!

I am SO THANKFUL for my family! It's impossible to think of any member of my family without special memories and thoughts accompanying them. They (And the Lord) are the joy of my life!

No comments: